Friday, October 03, 2008

Yahoo Answers (Week 8)

With an adventurous spirit I tried out Yahoo Answers today. Yikes! What a load of dross. I asked one question, which received quite a few answers straight away, but they were all just idle speculation. No one provided anything even remotely useful. I did get a couple of stars for posting an interesting question though. I re-posted my question into the science/medical section in the hopes of getting a better quality answer, but got none at all. Oh well.
I also answered two and a half questions: two easies on grammar, and a general knowledge question that I didn't need to look up. I was pretty shocked to see that someone else who answered that question was completely wrong, but wrote with "authority" and even had a web reference. I followed the link to the site they cited (a web cite! ha)and I have no idea how they came up with the answer.
These answer sites are fine for entertainment and popular culture purposes but I hope no one is using them for homework!

No comments: