Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Just Podding Along (week 9)

Ok, I am going to reveal something here- I have aged prematurely, and I have in the recent past downloaded podcasts from Radio National, my radio station of choice. That's right, straight from Triple J to RN in one gigantic leap. None of this "I'll stop off at 2BL for a few years first and ease gently into old age" business for me. So podcasting isn't new for me, and I still have some ancient Background Briefing programme on my mp3 player which I haven't removed yet, which is very annoying when I am listening to music and it inevitably comes up.
As far as their relevance to libraies goes... well I wasn't sure at first, beyond being one more potential media type to add to our collection. But I was looking at Orange County's Podacasting service, and they have a collection of short stories for children, read by the library's storytellers which I thought was a pretty nice idea. Not that I am volunteering to record my attempts at storytime!

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Sounds like you are enjoying podcasts.

Ellen (PLS)