Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Video Stuff (week 6)

OK, before I address all of the serious library related themes, time to embed some videos...
Humanity has been superseded. I have the found video evidence. Yes, robots have learnt to ride bicycles. From here on in anything is possible.

I present Exhibit A.



This fabulous robot had me worried for a while. I imagined this creature to be human sized, and armed with incredible balance and possibly some sort of jet pack. I was sure it was the beginning of the end for Homo sapiens sapiens. But being a very thorough sort of person (ahem) I conducted further research. Fear not gentle readers! As Exhibit B will reveal, our robot friends are just about the cutest little fellows around. It is hard to be scared of a chibi robot.




Anyway, back to the reason we are all here…

The whole youtube/google video search thing was a lot of fun- It was a guilty pleasure to look at videos during work time. Like Blogs, audio files, Wikis and the rest, videos have a role to play in enlivening libraries- they are one more media type to be exploited. Thet are such a great idea for oral histories, and book readings, and undoubtedly a hundred other applications that I haven't even been thought of yet. I think often though they are a bit of a novelty. Virtual tours and video blogs are fun, but of a less serious nature. It will be interesting to see how they develop in the future, and how much interest they get from patrons.

No comments: